Spam filtering / Sieve on bulletinboards

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 24 03:32:03 EDT 2007

> * Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi> [20070228 07:16]:
> > On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:07:22AM -0800, Ben Poliakoff wrote:
> > > Since version 2.2.13 bulletins/shared-folders can be made to
> > > evaluate
> > > sieve scripts.  Configuring these scripts is different in two key
> > > ways:
> > >
> > >   - sieve scripts for shared folders must be uploaded into the
> > >   global
> > >     namespace, one does this by connecting to the sieve server as a
> > >     user
> > >     listed in the 'admins' section in imapd.conf
> > >
> > >   - once the script has been uploaded into the global namespace a
> > >     shared folder can be configured to use the script via the new
> > >     'sieve' mailbox annotation (e.g. in cyradm 'mboxcfg <mailbox>
> > >     sieve
> > >     <sieve_script_name>)
> > >
> > > We use this feature a lot these days.
> >
> > Thanks. :)
> >
> > But this means, doesn't it, that a normal user can't install sieve
> > scripts for bulletin boards, even if she has full access for the
> > bulletin board? Or is the way to go to create a collection of
> > different
> > global sieve scripts for bb users to select from? Would there happen
> > be a Web tool for this purpose? Should I RTFM? ;) (Cyrus'
> > documentation
> > is sparse at some subjects.)
> >

> Yes it's true, end users can't upload scripts to the global namespace.
> End users can (given the correct ACL) update the annotation on a shared
> folder to select a pre-existing sieve script in the global namespace.
>
> As far as I know there isn't a widely circulated web UI to do this, one
> would need to roll one's own using the Cyrus perl modules.

OK, thanks.

One more question: can I somehow refer to the shared folder in the global sieve
script? That is, is there a variable that contains the left part of the
destination address, or, more precisely, the name of the folder that comes
after the '+' in a destination address such as

  bb+testbb at mappi.helsinki.fi

? I'd like to file the message tagged as spam into a subfolder of the shared
folder, something like this:

--clip--
if allof (header :matches  "X-HY-Spam-Status" "***") {
     fileinto "<shared folder>.junk";
}
--clip--

Or would I have to either create a sieve script for each shared folder (that
receives mail) or just filter all spam to any shared folder in one global spam
folder?

Thanks,

--Janne
--