recreate mail retrieved as POP

brian cyruslist at subtropolix.org
Mon Aug 20 13:06:30 EDT 2007

I have a client who, in an attempt to upgrade the Thunderbird client,
had been having some trouble connecting to the server. I responded with
the connection settings needed and received a reply that the problem was
that the acct. had been set up as POP. After receiving my mail, the
acct. was deleted and recreated again, using IMAP, etc. Of course, now
the mailbox is empty on the server.

So, in the interest of due diligence, is there any way to retrieve those
messages somewhere on the server? ATM, i believe the client's box is
WinXP, so if anyone has any clues as to dealing with it from that end
i'd like to hear them, also.

No, i have no idea why upgrading the mail client required *any* changes
to the user's setup.

brian