SQUAT config

Robert Banz banz at umbc.edu
Tue Aug 14 23:57:00 EDT 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 9:32 PM, brian wrote:

> brian wrote:
>> I'd like to index my mailboxes using squatter and have a couple of
>> questions.
>>

> ~groan~ I had one more question. The squatter man page says:
>
> -s     Skip mailboxes whose index file is older than their current
> squat
> file (within a small time delta).
>
> The squat file isn't the index file? Confused.

Its a different index file.  A more comprehensive one.  The basic
cyrus index file contains some header information -- enough for most
mail clients to do what they need to do.  The squat index file
contains a lot more.  My experience has found the squat files end up
being about 1/10th the size of your total amount of mailbox data...

-rob