Replication to more than one replica?

Roberto R. Morelli morelli at es.net
Mon Aug 13 11:18:04 EDT 2007

Peter,

In the setup that we are running, we have multiple servers on the West and
East coast in the USA.  They contain about several hundred accounts (200GB of
active data) and critical to our 24x7 operations.  I wrote a couple start-up
scripts to handle the process so that if sync hangs, crashes, or core dumps,
the imap engine is never touched and can be restarted.  There are a couple
watchdog apps on the servers to make sure sync is running everywhere.  I am
always logged into all the replicas to make sure everything is right.

The command used boils down to:

         -r -l -S [hostname of replica #1]"
         -r -l -S [hostname of replica #2]"

-Roberto

--On Friday, August 10, 2007 10:55:31 AM +0200 Per olof Ljungmark