virtual domain mailbox cross contamination

Adam D emlists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:57:58 EDT 2007

Jarod Watkins wrote:
> Adam D wrote:
>
>> Jarod Watkins wrote:

>>> Adam,
>>> Comment out the loginrealms option, I had that enabled while I was using
>>> virtual domains too and it caused me to have authentication errors. So
>>> try running Cyrus with just the virtdomains option set.
>>>

>> Sadly, that did not work.
>>
>> Cyrus default is domain1.tld
>> with users:
>>
>> i.e. postmaster at domain1.tld, postmaster at domain2.tld, postmaster at domain3.tld
>>
>> all going to INBOX of postmaster at domain1.tld but not to INBOXes in their
>> own domains.
>>
>> However there are not any multiple redirect addresses in the virtual
>> alias maps file.
>>
>> -Adam
>>
>> ----
>> Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
>> Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki
>>

> Adam,
> So are you using Postfix or some other SMTP server to test delivery? If
> so, try using lmtptest to deliver your test messages to Cyrus, and see
> if it really is Cyrus doing the delivery wrong, or if you have something
> mis-configured with your MTA.
>
> Jarod

Jarod,

I agree about trying to figure out if the mis-configured is related to
cyrus or postfix.  It has been a vicious circle trying to figure out
which one maybe configured wrong.  I have postfix configured to use
virtual alias domains and maps then deliver to cyrus with:

main.conf:
mailbox_transport = cyrus

master.conf
cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -e -m ${extension} ${user}

I am guessing maybe when postfix delivers the mail to cyrus it is set up
to strip out the domain above?  I have seen that an issue from other
people but I have no clue as to where or how postfix does that except in
the master.conf above.

I also tried to use lmtptest (never had used it before so I looked at
the man page).

/etc # lmtptest -a user at domain2.tld -r domain2.tld -v host.domain2.tld
getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for ai_socktype
failure: Network initialization - can not connect to host.domain2.tld:lmtp

Thanks for the help.
-Adam