using address-extensions for storing in special folders

Stefan Palme kleiner77 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 7 08:03:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a cyrus imap server 2.2.12 behind a postfix server.
The postfix server rewrites incoming addresses according some
policy rules. The most common case is adding an address extension
to an email address, so kleiner at hora-obscura.de sometimes becomes
kleiner+internal at hora-obscura.de

Postfix delivers the emails to the local IMAP server via LMTP socket.

My question is: is there a way to configure the IMAP server, so that
mails to kleiner+internal at hora-obscura.de are automatically stored
in the INBOX/internal folder of user "kleiner"?

I guess I can solve this with sieve, but is there a "native" feature
in the IMAP server doing this?

Thanks and regards
-stefan-

Dipl. Inf. (FH) Stefan Palme

email: kleiner at hora-obscura.de
www:   http://hbci4java.kapott.org
icq:   36376278
phon:  +49 341 3910484
fax:   +49 1212 517956219
mobil: +49 178 3227887

key fingerprint: 1BA7 D217 36A1 534C A5AD  F18A E2D1 488A E904 F9EC