syncserver[4715]: Fatal error: Virtual memory exhausted

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Wed Apr 25 17:33:25 EDT 2007

Yeah, that's a good point.  I use sync_batch_size of 100,000.

Regarding the original question, there are other operations that will
exhaust memory as well.  We've had two recent reports of Thunderbird
users who unexpectedly developed extremely large cyrus.* files in
their trash.  Since cyrus.* files get mmap'd, a very large one may
exhaust the address space of sync_server (or imapd for that matter).

:wes