[find the problem]how to configure ACL right on mailboxes ?

JOYDEEP j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org
Tue Apr 24 04:55:21 EDT 2007

Janne Peltonen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:24:32PM +0530, JOYDEEP wrote:
>
>> Same effect Janne :-(     with  unixhierarchysep: no  mail boxes are
>> still created as  user.<username>
>> and this time even I can't manually create user/<username>    by   cyradm
>>

> Yes, but wasn't your original problem the permissions? Now, Cyrus
> knows that user.<username> is <username>'s INBOX, so it sets the
> permissions right by default.
>
> If you insist on having user/<username> as <username>'s INBOX, you're
> probably going to have to hack around the code of your administration
> tool (if you can't find out how to set the hierarchysep in /its/
> config).
>

> --Janne

Dear Janne,

thanks for your help. Yes u are right, now mail boxes are created with
proper user permission.
but I like to inform that I use felamimail with both
cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-27.6  and cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-5

now felamimail creates mail boxes as user/<username> when working with
cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-27.6 with

unixhierarchysep: yes

but it creates mail boxes as user.<username> when working with cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-5 with
unixhierarchysep: yes

so do you think there is any problem with  cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-5 ?
kindly note I am using exactly same imapd.conf with both version of cyrus

thanks for your guidance so far