Recomendations for a 15000 Cyrus Mailboxes

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Tue Apr 10 12:40:15 EDT 2007

> The main problem I'm aware of is that in the event of a "problem",
> reiserfsck 1) can take a long time (like weeks) to complete, 2)
> doesn't necessarily fix the problems.  ext3 doesn't have these
> problems.

Indeed, I've seen reiserfs do some very long fsck's, but I've seen the
same out of ext3.  But for a filesystem of 35 million mail files, I
figure it's got to beat ext3 on performance, at least.  ...But there
don't seem to be any stats at this scale to support that.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer