Recomendations for a 15000 Cyrus Mailboxes
Nestor A. Diaz
nestor at tiendalinux.com
Tue Apr 10 07:56:43 EDT 2007
I am a proud cyrus user and fan, right know i need o implement a 15K
users cyrus mailstore, since i have been using cyrus for an average 400
users mailstore, i will like to hear comments for setting up a cyrus for
a 15K users.
I currently have a ' postfix / postgresql / cyrus-sasl / cyrus '
production server working for more than two years without problems, and
i am going to replicate the same configuracion, however since i am going
to have a huge space for mail and people are going to use a lot of
space, aprox. 50 MB per user, i will like to hear some comments about
what should be the best (cyrus / pop3 / imapd) configuration, i have
read on the mail list some configuration that fastmail.fm use, including
pop3, imap proxies and multiple instances of cyrus, but i like to see
more comments about that.
These are the plans: (comments on every number will be apreciated)
1. Linux LVM over a 600 GB RAID 10 ( 4 x 300 GB)
2. Which filesystem seems to be the better ? ext3 ? xfs ? reiserfs ?
3. Which options to format the filesystem ? acording to the chosed
4. Which pop3 / imap proxy to use ?
5. Single instance or multiple instances of cyrus ? taking in mind
that there should be the option to recover a mailbox or some mail
of a mailbox without having to shut down the whole cyrus system.
6. Best way to perform backups ? LVM snapshots ? shutting down some
cyrus partitions ? RAID10 hot swap ?
7. Any other suggestion will be welcome.
Thanks a lot !!
Nestor A. Diaz
Ingeniero de Sistemas
Tel. +57 1-600-5490 x 211
Cel. +57 316-227-3593
Tel. SIP: sip:211 at tiendalinux.com
Email/MSN: nestor at tiendalinux.com
More information about the Info-cyrus