Murder / frontend does not connect to backend

Arnaud Brugnon arnaud at opensquad.com
Fri Apr 6 19:11:36 EDT 2007

Le jeudi 05 avril 2007 à 10:22 -0700, Andrew Morgan a écrit :
> On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, arnaud at opensquad.com wrote:
>
> > Thanks
> > Here's the frontend config.
> > FYI,  users are authenticated against a LDAP server with saslauthd and cyrus,
> > proxy_murder and murder are defined locally on each machine in a sasldb2
> > database.
> >

> > ---- FRONTEND CONFIG  (proxy1) ---
> > admins: cyrus postfix murder
> > lmtp_admins: postman postfix murder
> > mupdate_admins: murder
> > proxyservers: proxy_murder
> > mupdate_server: mupdate.rescom.mi
> > mupdate_port: 3905
> > mupdate_username: murder
> > mupdate_authname: murder
> > mupdate_password: password
> > mupdate_retry_delay: 10
> > infra1_password:password
> > imapback_password:password
> > proxy_authname:murder
> > proxy_password:password
> > ---/END FRONTEND ----
> >

> > --- BACKEND CONFIG (imapback) -----
> > servername:imapback.rescom.mi
> > admins: cyrus proxy_murder murder
> > mupdate_admins: murder proxy_murder
> > proxyservers: proxy_murder
> > mupdate_server: mupdate.rescom.mi
> > mupdate_port: 3905
> > mupdate_username: murder
> > mupdate_authname: murder
> > mupdate_password: password
> > ---- /END BACKEND ----
> >
> > ----- MUPDATE (mupdate)------
> > admins: cyrus murder
> > mupdate_admins: murder
> > ---- /END MUPDATE ----
>
> I chopped out the non-murder config options from above to make it simpler
> to see.
>
> On your frontend you have proxy_authname:murder (so the frontend will
> connect to the backend as user "murder").  On the backend you have
> proxyservers: proxy_murder (so only user "proxy_murder" is allowed to
> proxy for other users).  I'm pretty sure you should set proxyservers:
> murder on the backend, or change to proxy_authname: proxy_murder on the
> frontend (sync those two usernames up).
>
>  	Andy

I made the modifications but there is still no network communication
between frontend and backend servers.

I was just wandering if someone succeeded in a murder setup with Debian
Etch and cyrus2.2 packages or if I need to give a try on the 2.3
release ?

Thanks and "Joyeuses Paques"

Arnaud Brugnon
Opensquad.com