ptloader

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Wed Apr 4 14:00:49 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 05:56:12PM +0100, Bernhard D Rohrer wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I am trying to authorise ldap groups with cyrus for use in public
> folders. now looking though the mailing list has led me to finding
> that ptloader is responsible for this.
>
> I have not been able to find any documentation for this on my
> computer, even though the doc package is installed.
>
> I also have not found a library for this :(
>
> distro is ubuntu dapper.
>
> could you point me at a starting point or two please?

Your imapd must be builded with --with-ldap option. After that, you
get file (path for FreeBSD) /usr/local/cyrus/bin/ptloader.
host2# ldd /usr/local/cyrus/bin/ptloader | grep ldap
	libldap-2.3.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libldap-2.3.so.2 (0x28131000)

imapd.conf(5) have quite enough information, when package builded with
ldap support enabled.

WBR
Dmitriy