Bare newlines problem

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 3 09:26:47 EDT 2007

--On Tuesday, April 3, 2007 13:27 +0200 Paul van der Vlis
<paul at vandervlis.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I move a message to another mailbox, I get a warning about bare
> newlines. How can I remove these bare newlines?
>
> It's a big message with foto's, 3.5 MB. I am not sure this warning is
> correct.
>
> I allready tried a perl-script of Joseph Brennan what I found in this
> list, but it did not change the message (checked with diff).

The script prepares mbox-format mailboxes for mailutil, which complains
if there are CR characters (\015) in the mbox-format files.  It changes
CRLF to LF and then changes remaining CR to LF.  Bare LF is normal for
unix files.

Are you sure it says "bare newlines"?  Newline is an ambiguous term.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer