how to configure sieve to start STARTTLS ?

Olaf Fraczyk olaf at navi.pl
Tue Apr 3 04:43:56 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 12:27 +0530, JOYDEEP wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> after implementing the imaps , I need to configure sieve to start STARTTLS.
>
> sivtest -a aftab  -u aftab   linux.kolkatainfoservices.in  -m LOGIN  -t
> ""
>
> is working well. is there any config file for sieve so that I can force
> sieve to start STARTTLS ?  bcoz  I am using sieve from a web-based email
> client called felamimail.
Man, sending the same message 3 times will not help you to get an
answer. Just opposite - people will start ignoring you.

Read some book about SSL TLS etc. If you want to use it, you need to
understand it a little.
How do you want to force a server to "start STARTTLS"? It's not server's
job. Read the previous mails about imaps.
If you had spent just 5 minutes using google you would have found that
sieve supports only STARTTLS. If you want to force encrypted connection
you need to use stunnel. Probably you would also want to disable foreign
traffic to unencrypted sieve port using iptables.

Regards,

Olaf

--
Olaf Fraczyk <olaf at navi.pl>