Can not login to Cyrus server

Neelu Dhiman neelu_dhiman at persistent.co.in
Wed Sep 27 02:14:41 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am not able to login to Cyrus server. I had created some users on Cyrus
server, but I am not able to login. I am getting following output:

[root at adlinux imtest]# telnet adlinux imap

Trying 10.88.45.33...

Connected to adlinux (10.88.45.33).

Escape character is '^]'.

OK adlinux Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3-Red Hat 2.2.3-8.1 server ready

a1 login cyrus cyrus

a1 NO Login failed: generic failure

a2 logout

* BYE LOGOUT received

a2 OK Completed

Connection closed by foreign host.

Cyrus-master is listening on imap port. Following is the result:

[root at adlinux imtest]# netstat -lnp --inet --inet6|grep 143

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:143             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
10135/cyrus-master

Services are running properly:

[root at adlinux imtest]# /sbin/service saslauthd status

saslauthd (pid 10045 10044 10043 10041 10040) is running...

[root at adlinux imtest]# /sbin/service cyrus-imapd status

cyrus-master (pid 10135) is running...

I am also not able to user cyradm. Getting following error:

[root at adlinux imtest]# cyradm -u cyrus adlinux

IMAP Password:

Login failed: generic failure at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 118

cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

What can be the problem. Please guide.

Thanks,

Neelu.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.