Commerical Cyrus IMAPD support?

Jay Levitt jlevitt at berklee.net
Tue Sep 26 21:58:32 EDT 2006

I've been wrestling with IMAPD/SASL problems for a few days, trying to get a formerly-working sasldb setup onto a new (Ubuntu) server.  I'm at a dead end; I get "no secret in database" no matter what I try.

I imagine I could build SASL and IMAPD with symbols and step through with gdb, but that's painful.  I also imagine that someone who works with this every day finds this easy, and I'd love to pay someone to Just Fix It.  Anyone know of a commercial provider for Cyrus support?

Ken Murchison offered that a few years ago but, now that he works for CMU, that's a bit of a conflict of interest.  Ideally, I'm looking for per-incident or per-hour support; I have but a single mailbox on the system and wouldn't have much use for an ongoing contract.

Jay Levitt