admin authentication

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon Sep 25 10:17:26 EDT 2006

Hello,

> You can use saslauthd/LDAP for your users and a local sasldb2 file for
> your admins. You don't need PAM at all.

unfortunately neither sasldb nor auxprop is compiled in at redhat
enterprise linux 4 and I wouldn't like to compile everything from scratch:

# saslauthd -v
saslauthd 2.1.19
authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shadow ldap

>     * sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd
>     * sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb

Could I just write

sasl_pwcheck_method: getpwent saslauthd

instead so /etc/passwd will be used whereas a linux-user with the same
name as the admin-user of cyrus would have to be created?

Regards
Marten Lehmann