root mailbox/partition permission problem

Josh M. Hurd josh at svrx.com
Fri Sep 22 18:42:36 EDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Andreas Winkelmann wrote:

>>> Show your imapd.conf and tell us "Who" you are.
>>
>> I login as emailadmin as both cyrus and cyrusimap don't allow logins
>> with the following error:
>> Mail is not enabled for this user at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/
>> darwin-thread-multi-2level/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
>> cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrusimap
>>

>> /etc/impad.cond
>>
>> admins: cyrus cyrusimap emailadmin
>
> "emailadmin" is admin and of course able to see all Mailboxes,
> regardless if
> it is specified with "sam".

sorry, I must have mislead you.  I login to cryadm with the account
emailadmin but my own mail account is jhurd which is not an admin.
I can see user/* in my mail client logged in as jhurd (non-admin) and
in cryadm for that matter.  and or course the same with emailadmin
since it is an admin account.

This is the problem.  my account is not an admin account but it acts
like one.  I have in the past added this account to the admins, could
there be something cached or similar?  i have of course restarted
imap after making this change.