root mailbox/partition permission problem

Josh M. Hurd josh at svrx.com
Fri Sep 22 16:48:56 EDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 12:54 PM, Andreas Winkelmann wrote:

>>> "user" does not relly exists. To work below user use "user/
>>> *" (recursive) or
>>> "user/%" (only one level below user).
>>
>> thanks, didn't know about %.
>>
>> this is what I get from lam now:
>>
>> localhost> lam user/%
>> user/christen:
>>    christen lrswipcda
>> user/jhurd:
>>    jhurd lrswipcda
>> user/junkmail:
>>    jhurd lrswipcda
>>    junkmail lrswipcda
>> user/notjunkmail:
>>    jhurd lrswipcda
>>    notjunkmail lrswipcda
>> user/stef:
>>    stef lrswipcda
>>
>> it looks to me like I should not have permission to see these
>> mailboxes?
>
> Show your imapd.conf and tell us "Who" you are.

I login as emailadmin as both cyrus and cyrusimap don't allow logins
with the following error:
Mail is not enabled for this user at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/
darwin-thread-multi-2level/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrusimap

/etc/impad.cond

admins: cyrus cyrusimap emailadmin
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
unixhierarchysep: yes
servername: XXXXXXXXX
sievedir: /usr/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
tls_cert_file: /etc/certificates/XXXXXXXXX.crt
tls_key_file: /etc/certificates/XXXXXXXXX.key
mboxlist_db: skiplist
seenstate_db: skiplist
log_rolling_days: 15
log_rolling_days_enabled: false