Restrict cyrus admins to certain hosts

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 18 05:57:39 EDT 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:31:01 +0200, "Stefan Edevåg" <stefan.edevag at skvader.com> said:
> Hi,
>
> I have an imap.conf and an imap-local.conf to be sure that cyrus admins
> only
> can login fron localhost. Now I want to allow cyrus admins to login from
> another host as well (to be able to script user administration), but I'm
> not
> sure if this is possible?

Without knowing about your environment - we use nginx as a proxy, and
have the authentication daemon reject all connections for the admin
user, so things that run as the admin user need to be inside our
security perimeter.  Something similar with a proxy may be an option.

Regards,

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana