Integrted tool for adminstering Cyrus IMAP and LDAP.

Jernej Porenta nejc at nejc.net
Mon Sep 18 05:50:56 EDT 2006

Hello,

We have tested Zimbra, which is almost the solution you need:
- postfix (amavis,spamassassin, dspam)
- ldap (openldap, integrated or external)
- web frontend (administrative, webmail etc., AJAX)
- perdition (load balancing)

but no cyrus backend. They implemented their own storage backend and it is
quite fast for web operations, but it is slow on IMAP and POP3 side
compared to dovecot or cyrus.

The results of the testing are here:
http://www2.arnes.si/~krklubsls13/

If anyone interested in the results, I can publish them more.

In the end it turned out it is not the solution that we are looking for,
because most of our users (~100k) is using POP3/IMAP clients. Currently we
are still using mailbox format (UW-IMAP/qpopper) and we are in the process
of selecting new mailbox format.

cheers, Jernej