Allow any passwords from one host

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Sat Sep 16 08:54:40 EDT 2006

Ramprasad wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am trying to design a custom mail archiving system for a cyrus
> mailbox.
> My scripts will login to the cyrus mailbox and depending on rulesets
> fetch the mails and store them to particular directories on a different
> server
>

> Now Is it possible to configure cyrus to allow any password  from a
> trusted host. (Security is not an issue at all because imap is not open
> from most ips except from webmail and archive server that too in a
> trusted network)

cyrus supports admin users.  You can login as the cyrus user and
authenticate as a normal user.

imapsync supports this.  Note that you will have to use an
authentication mechanisiam that supports this.  E.g. PLAIN.

Rudy Gevaert          Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be          tel:+32 9 264 4734
Directie ICT, afd. Infrastructuur  Direction ICT, Infrastructure dept.
Groep Systemen                     Systems group
Universiteit Gent                  Ghent University
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be