Deferred email with remote protocol error in reply

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Fri Sep 15 06:43:46 EDT 2006

On 2006-09-14 at 19:52 -0700, Hardi Gunawan wrote:
> I've searched the net, but can't find a definite
> answer to this.  But seems that some people are
> experiencing the same problem, and they've the same
> cyrus version as mine.  I'm using Cyrus-Imapd 2.1.12
> and BDB 4.3.

You do not mention which OS you are using, so we can't suggest which
tool to use to try to capture a traffic dump from the Unix socket (if
such a dump is even possible on your OS).

The only time that I know of when Cyrus does something "awkward" is that
it refuses messages with embedded literal NUL characters; if it's
quoted-printable or base64, that's obviously okay.  If Cyrus rejects the
message quickly whilst the MTA is still sending and the MTA gets upset,
that might explain what you're seeing.  That idea contains a lot of
speculation and wild-arsed guessing.
--
"Everything has three factors: politics, money, and the right way to do it.
 In that order."  -- Gary Donahue