Deferred email with remote protocol error in reply

Hardi Gunawan hardigunawan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 22:52:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

My email server experiencing a delivery problem.
Here's the log:
relay=/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp],
delay=0, status=deferred (remote protocol error in
reply from
/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp]
while sending end of data -- message may be sent more
than once)

I've searched the net, but can't find a definite
answer to this.  But seems that some people are
experiencing the same problem, and they've the same
cyrus version as mine.  I'm using Cyrus-Imapd 2.1.12
and BDB 4.3.

Secondly, how do I find out whether the email has
reached the user (especially with multiple recipients
in the system).  Can I just do a "find" in the
/var/spool/imap of a particular user?

Regards,

Hardi Gunawan