5.1.1 User unknown bounces

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Tue Sep 12 02:29:30 EDT 2006

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Simon Matter wrote:
>
>> You could easily run a cron job on the cyrus-imapd server(s) and create
>> user/mailbox lists, scp them to the postfix relays and use the files
>> there
>> to decide which mail to accept. That way you can also greatly reduce the
>> load on spam tagging servers and also reduce bounces to a minimum. In
>> our
>> case the file looks like this:
>>
>> user1 at domain.tld    OK
>> user2 at domain.tld    OK
>>
>> and it's configured like this in main.cf:
>>
>> relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients
>
> Does this work for transport maps?  Right now the relays take everything
> @onid.orst.edu and shove them down LMTP to our Cyrus server, using a
> transport map.

You can have both. I have relay_recipient_maps to filter every single
address and then I have transport maps to route those mails which passed
the relay_recipient_maps.

The transport maps look like this on the relays (doing SMTP to a cetral
mailhub):
domain.tld                 :[10.x.x.x]
.domain.tld                :[10.x.x.x]

Simon