sieveshell -a -u doesn't work as it should (bug?)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Sep 11 10:53:20 EDT 2006

Eric Doutreleau schrieb:

> Rudy Gevaert a écrit :
>
>> Andreas Winkelmann wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, please remove the "LOGIN" Mechanism from sasl_mech_list.
>>>
>>> # Authentication configuration
>>> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>>> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN "LOGIN" is not able to do authorization
>>> (-a cyrus -u user). Only PLAIN and DIGEST-MD5 can do that. Because
>>> you use saslauthd, you are bound to PLAIN.
>>>
>>> I would guess, the first time you type the Password "LOGIN" is used,
>>> the second time "PLAIN".
>>

>> Thanks your advice provided the solution!
>>
>> Rudy
>>

> i have the same problem than u
> but when i remove the LOGIN mechanism windows users can't logged
> anymore :(
> is there a way to remove the LOGIN mechanism only for sieve connection?

Andreas already mentioned a suggestion: in cyrus.conf watch out for the
sieve service and append to "timsieved" the parameter "-C
/path/to/config_file". It may be "/etc/imapd_sieve.conf" in which you
omit the LOGIN mech, while keeping the /etc/imapd.conf used by imap(s)
and/or pop3(s) as it is offering LOGIN and PLAIN.

Alexander