sieveshell -a -u doesn't work as it should (bug?)

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Sun Sep 10 01:45:04 EDT 2006

Am Saturday 09 September 2006 11:37 schrieb Rudy Gevaert:

> Andreas Winkelmann wrote:
> > Am Friday 08 September 2006 14:51 schrieb Rudy Gevaert:
> >> I have this strange problem with sieveshell.  (I'm using virtual
> >> domains, and unix seperator.)  I can authenticate as an admin user and
> >> authorize as a normal user with cyradm.
> >>
> >> However with sieveshell this doesnt work the way it should:
> >>
> >> Here I log in and first give the wrong pass, and then the right one.
> >> When I then do a list I get to see the scripts.
> >>
> >> himalaya:/mail/mail1/etc#  sieveshell -u rudy.gevaert1 at mail.ugent.be \
> >>       -a cyrus mail1.ugent.be
> >> connecting to mail1.ugent.be
> >> Please enter your password: wrong
> >> Please enter your password: right
> >>
> >>  > list
> >>
> >> default  <- active script
> >> ingo
> >>
> >>  > quit
> >>
> >> Here I give my right pass straight away and then do a list.  As you can
> >> see it doesn't list any lists.
> >>
> >> himalaya:/mail/mail1/etc#  sieveshell -u rudy.gevaert1 at mail.ugent.be \
> >>     -a cyrus mail1.ugent.be
> >> connecting to mail1.ugent.be
> >> Please enter your password: right
> >>
> >>  > list
> >>  > quit
> >>
> >> So, I first have to give a wrong password and then the password of the
> >> cyrus user to let me in.
> >>
> >> Could somebody verify this?  Or tell me what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Show your configuration. At least imapd.conf.
>
> It's attached...

Ok, please remove the "LOGIN" Mechanism from sasl_mech_list.

# Authentication configuration
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

"LOGIN" is not able to do authorization (-a cyrus -u user). Only PLAIN and
DIGEST-MD5 can do that. Because you use saslauthd, you are bound to PLAIN.

I would guess, the first time you type the Password "LOGIN" is used, the
second time "PLAIN".

Maybe a special imapd.conf for sieve to use both for the other services where
authorization is not needed.

--
	Andreas