Problem with Cyrus

Warren Turkal wt at atmos.colostate.edu
Thu Sep 7 14:44:46 EDT 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 06:24, neelu_dhiman at persistent.co.in wrote:
> [neelu at ps3151 ~]$ telnet ps3151.persistent.co.in
> imap
> Trying 10.77.196.105...
> Connected to ps3151.persistent.co.in
> (10.77.196.105).
> Escape character is '^]'.
>
> Nothing more than that. If I type some command, that
> is not executed. Both the services "cyrus-imapd" and
> "saslauthd" are running.  Please guide.

I run Debian and Cyrus is broken into more than one package. I had to make
sure cyrus-imapd-2.2 was installed to get imap functionality. Are you sure
that the IMAP component of cyrus exists on your system?

wt
--
Warren Turkal, Research Associate III/Systems Administrator
Colorado State University, Dept. of Atmospheric Science