cvt_cyrusdb_all fails

devel - Fashion Content devel at fashioncontent.com
Sat Sep 2 15:05:32 EDT 2006

I'm doing a test upgrade to FC4(installed on a new machine) which includes
version 2.3.1 from FC2(on the existing server) which uses version 2.2.12

Oddly enough I managed to get the upgrade to work by manually converting
mailboxlist.db and overwriting the new 2.3.1 install, but when I tried to
convert deliver.db, everything went pearshaped.

I have tried all sorts of ways to get the server back up, but I keep getting
pretty fatal errors that are pretty obscure to me.

This is the error I got when trying to copy the old lib/spool and just let
cvt_cyrusdb_all do the work :

cvt_cyrusdb_all version: 1.2.1

db_checkpoint: open: No such file or directory

Finding last valid log LSN: file: 3 offset 614

db_recover: Skipping log file /var/lib/imap/db/log.0000000002: historic log
version 8

Recovery starting from [3][452]

db_recover: /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db: unexpected file type or format

db_recover: Recovery function for LSN 3 452 failed on backward pass

db_recover: PANIC: Invalid argument

db_recover: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

Finding last valid log LSN: file: 3 offset 614

db_recover: Skipping log file /var/lib/imap/db/log.0000000002: historic log
version 8

db_recover: /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db: unexpected file type or format

db_recover: Recovery function for LSN 3 306 failed

db_recover: PANIC: Invalid argument

db_recover: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

ERROR: catastrophic recovery of Berkeley databases failed

you are using /var/lib/imap/sieve as your sieve directory.

I consistently get the db_checkpoint: open error, but I don't know what it
refers to

to my knowledge the two machines are essentially identical in configuration
and pretty standard.

What to do?

Henrik