LMTP Timeout

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 11:54:47 EST 2006

This is an update on progress with diagnosing my problem with LMTP/IMAP hanging.

My diagnosis with reconstruct was a red herring!  While I was patching
reconstruct to give diagnostics Exim tried a delivery and lmtpd locked the
user's cyrus.header file before hanging. When I killed the lmptd proces I found
no problem with reconstruct.

So, back to square one.  I can't think of a way to debug this. It is imapd and
lmtpd which are hanging and I cannot possibly put diagnostic code into those
because the logs would explode on a live system.

I really need some suggestions!

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster at exeter.ac.uk)
University of Exeter