Message contains invalid header

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Thu Oct 26 16:44:45 EDT 2006

Hello,

> If it's mails from the broken Lotus Notes client that's the problem (and
> they're the only ones we saw here), it's caused by a null Message-ID
> header; just have your SMTP server remove those.

no, it is not just at mails from Notes clients. I also get this error on
messages with correct Message-ID. We cannot simply refuse mails because
some clients don't implement the standards 100% correctly. Our users
still need the mails and every mailclient can handle it even with errors.

And even Cyrus does handle it if I'm putting such a message in the
mailbox and do a reconstruct!

So why is it refused at lmtp time? How can I disable this? It is really
important for me!

Regards
Marten