very slow syncing, any ideas?

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Sat Oct 21 13:02:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

>> i had much better performance with mailutil from UW-Imapd. It uses
>> the IMAP-protocol like imapscyn but is not a scipt but a binary
>> program and uses the imap APPEND command and does noe checks to see
>> wich E-Mails are on the new server.

and I hope it only deletes messages from the old server if they are
transfered succesfully to the new server? Does it keep the flags of the
messages, too? Does it also create required folders and subscribe them
(if they have been subscribed on the old server)? If you can answer
everything with "yes", then I definetely should have a look at it,
because while imapsync works well in general, it is really slow.

Regards
Marten