unified murder and GSSAPI

Dennis Davis D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 18 04:47:56 EDT 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Huaqing Zheng wrote:

> From: Huaqing Zheng <huasome at gmail.com>
> To: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
> Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:27:27 -0700
> Subject: unified murder and GSSAPI

> Yet when I switch over the cyrus user, set my KRB5CCNAME to the
> correctly generated service/murder ticket and try to run ctl_mboxlist
> -mw, I get the following in my syslog:
>
> ctl_mboxlist[13748]: couldn't authenticate to backend server: generic failure
> ctl_mboxlist[13847]: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (Server not
> found in Kerberos database)
>
> Any ideas or pointers at better documentation on how to get this working?

The "Server not found in Kerberos database" error usually indicates
that it's not asking for the service key you've set up.  Your
kerberos logs should tell you what service key it's requesting.
You need to set up a keytab containing that key.

(No, I haven't set something like this up.  But the logs on the
 kerberos server are often useful in diagnosing obscure failures.)
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk               Phone: +44 1225 386101