proxyd or imapd on unified config?

Jesus Roncero jesus at mxtelecom.com
Tue Oct 17 06:35:51 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am actually progressing on getting a murder installation, but I am
still having some problems getting it.

My installation is a bit different. I have two different machines, one
of them being a backend and the other one being a frontend/backend
server in unified mode as well as running the mupdate process in master
mode. For this, there are two different installations on that machine on
different directories. Apparently, it is possible to have this
configuration.

Basically I have some test mailboxes and shared folders on the backend.
If I start with a fresh /var/imap directories in the frontend/backend
(one for the unified config, another for the mupdate process), and
execute ctl_mboxlist -m on the backend, the mupdate process receives all
the mailboxes information and stores it on its mailbox.db database. The
frontend/backend mailboxes.db file is empty. So far this is how it
should work.

The frontend/backend server is running imapd processes as proxyd
processes (as they should be able to proxy to the other backend, and
also be able to serve if there local mailboxes. The thing is that, when
I connect to the frontend/backend proxyd (imap) it replies with an
"mailbox does not exist" error.

It looks as it is looking in its local database instead of querying
mupdate and then proxying it to the backend.

So, can this configuration be done? Does any of you have a similar
installation? I guess that I am right running the proxyd processes on
the frontend/backend unified server, right?

Any ideas?

Best regards.

--
Jesus Roncero <jesus at mxtelecom.com>