no mailbox associated?

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon Oct 9 11:42:07 EDT 2006

Hello,

> It's a common mistake to forget the 'user.' prefix, but it is required
> in a conventional setup.

I tried this now, but it didn't get me any further. I created
user.test at test.de, but all LMTP deliveries (not authenticated, lmtpd
running with "-a") are failing:

rcpt to:<user.test at test.de>
550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.
550 5.1.1 User unknown
rcpt to:<test at test.de>
550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.
550 5.1.1 User unknown
rcpt to:<user.test>
550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.
550 5.1.1 User unknown
rcpt to:<test>
550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.
550 5.1.1 User unknown

Isn't there anyone doing deliveries via TCP to cyrus setups with virtual
domains?

Regards
Marten