help with XFER

Sebastian Schäfer cyrus at dungeon.de
Mon Oct 2 17:47:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

--On Montag, 2. Oktober 2006 12:41 -0700 Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>
wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, Sebastian Schäfer wrote:
>
>> and i have forgotten...
>>
>> my cyrus imap version is 2.2.12 on all servers...
>>
>> thx
>>
>> sebastian
>>
>> --On Samstag, 30. September 2006 17:30 +0200 Sebastian Schäfer
>> <cyrus at dungeon.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i'm trying to transfer some mailboxes from one Backend to another one...
>>> but i have some problems with the backand authentication...
>>>
>>> i have one Frontend(with mupdate server) and 3 Backends running
>>>
>>> this config is up and running... everything works great... lmtp delivery
>>> ans so on...
>>>
>>> but now when i try to xfer one mailbox from one backend to another i get
>>> the folloing error:
>>>
>>> imap[4285]: couldn't authenticate to backend server: no mechanism
>>> available
>>> imap[4285]: Could not move mailbox: user.test, Initial backend connect
>>> failed
>>>

>>> and on the target backend:
>>>
>>> imap[23770]: executed
>>> imap[23770]: accepted connection
>>> imap[23770]: starttls: TLSv1 with cipher AES256-SHA (256/256 bits new)
>>> no authentication
>>>

>>> i can login with imtest on all backends and on the frontend with
>>>
>>> imtest -u admin -a admin -t "" -m plain mailbe1
>>>
>>> and i have in all config files
>>> allowusermoves: 1
>>> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>>>
>>> so anyone any idea????
>
> Can you post your imapd.conf file from your backends?

one more try... here is the imapd.conf file...

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: mailadmin
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
allowusermoves: 1

allowplaintext: 1
allowapop: 0
imapidresponse: 0
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: 1
lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1
quotawarn: 90
singleinstancestore: 1
username_tolower: 1
virtdomains: off
servername: mail4be.dungeon-network.com

mupdate_server: mail4.dungeon-network.com
mupdate_authname: mupdate
mupdate_username: mupdate
mupdate_password: ***

proxyservers: mupdateproxy
lmtp_admins: mupdateproxy

annotation_db: skiplist
duplicate_db: skiplist
mboxlist_db: skiplist
seenstate_db: skiplist
subscription_db: flat
tlscache_db: skiplist

tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cert.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/key.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca.pem

greets
sebastian
--
Dungeon Network

Die Erzeugung von Zufallszahlen ist zu wichtig um sie dem Zufall zu
überlassen...