IMAP/POP traffic accounting

Greg A. Woods woods-cyrus at weird.com
Thu Nov 30 12:51:21 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 13:23 -0500, Anthony Tibbs wrote:
> I believe there was some mention of this in the past, but I'm wondering
> whether there are any known efforts to implement network traffic accounting
> in the later versions of Cyrus, or if this is still something that hasn't
> been dealt with.  I am pondering possibly tackling this, but I'm not really
> familiar with the Cyrus code and would rather not reinvent the wheel if it's
> already in the works.

Well there's some activity reporting via SNMP already in there (at least
for imapd and masterd).  Adding byte counters and any missing event
counters to the MIB(s) would be one quite logical (and rather easy)
thing to do.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>