Sendmail, virtualdomain, alias

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Wed Nov 29 05:39:36 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:54:21AM +0100, Jerome Nenert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We try to build a virtualdomain cyrus server with sendmail. Sendmail must manage
> aliases. Here's the goal architecture :
>
> _ the fqdn of our cyrus server is imap.domain.com
>
> _ sendmail on this server must accept messages for both domain1.domain.com &
> domain2.domain.com dealing with aliases for both these domains
>
> _ cyrus has two virtual domains domain1.domain.com & domain2.domain.com
>
> We didn't find any tips for this.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Two variants for sendmail:

1. use procmail.

2. sendmail don't use domain part of address, when deliver over lmtp.
Edit sendmail.cf for adding full headers to lmtp
transport:
==== sendmail.cf ====
Mcyrusv2,
     S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP/HdrToL, E=\r\n,
==== sendmail.cf ====

Also, you can make this changes over MAILER_DEFINITIONS in .mc file,
if you friendly with m4.

This example don't checked by me:
==== sendmail.mc ====
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
Mcyrusv2,	P=[IPC], F=lsDFMnqA@/:|SmwXzW, E=\r\n,
		S=EnvFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP/HdrToL, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
		W=120s,
		A=FILE /var/imap/socket/lmtp
==== sendmail.mc ====

HOWTO in russian is:
http://www.binkd.spb.ru/howto/cyrus-sendmail.howto.txt

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia