Sendmail, virtualdomain, alias

b.burger at buelow-masiak.de b.burger at buelow-masiak.de
Wed Nov 29 05:02:03 EST 2006

Hi,

> We try to build a virtualdomain cyrus server with sendmail. Sendmail
> must manage aliases. Here's the goal architecture :
>
> _ the fqdn of our cyrus server is imap.domain.com
>
> _ sendmail on this server must accept messages for both
> domain1.domain.com & domain2.domain.com dealing with aliases for both
> these domains
>
> _ cyrus has two virtual domains domain1.domain.com & domain2.domain.com
>
> We didn't find any tips for this.
>
> Any suggestions ?

I think we have your goal architecture running.
But what are your questions exactly?

We use Sendmail + Cyrus + Webcyradm with mysql.

Our userdata is in the mysql database and a script puts them in the
sendmail files like aliases and virtusers.

There are also an local aliases file, which could managed manually for
example for integrating new mailman mailinglists.

The Server accepts mails for various domains.

So what information did you need?

bye

Bjoern Burger