NFSv4, anyone?

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Nov 29 03:36:55 EST 2006

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Nikola Milutinovic <alokin1 at yahoo.com>:
>>
>> Now, one question that is a bit off topic, why is NFSv4 locking so
>> bad? Couldn't they (Powers that Be) fix it, so it behaves like a
>> normal (albeit, networked) file system?
>>

> As far as i know NFSv4 has the locking support, but nobody has tested

It has been tested but didn't work. See the posts from some days ago. It's
either a configuration problem with the tests, an NFSv4 implementation
problem with the tested Linux kernel, or something else. I didn't
investigate why it didn't work, and it would also be nice if someone on
Solaris could try it there.

Simon