Cyrus HA & LB cluster summary

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Nov 29 02:56:58 EST 2006

Hi,

Quoting Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca>:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 05:28:02PM +0100, Michael Menge wrote:

>> The following shared Filesystems seem support the file-locking
>>
>> GFS            http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/gfs/
>> Lustre         http://www.lustre.org/
>> NFSv4          http://www.nfsv4.org/
>> Polyserve CFS  http://www.polyserve.com
>> Veritas CFS
>> http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/products/overview.jsp?pcid=1020&pvid=209_1
>
> Sun Cluster Filesystem also supports file locking and other POSIX
> semantics on a cluster.  It's part of Sun Cluster, which is a free
> product.

I know that this list is not complete so feel free to add more shared
filesystems to the list.

Maybe we should share oure expirience with these filesystems and
discus advantages and disadvantages.

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen