cyrus and global filtering

Andre Henry Andre at hudat.com
Tue Nov 28 19:54:43 EST 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:57 PM, Johannes Egger wrote:

> tagged as spam by spamassassin into a user's "spam" folder, with a
> minimum of
> maintenance (e.g.
> I'd like to automatically create the folder and subscribe the user to
> it).
>
> I have been told and read on the web that sieve scripts only work on a
> per-user
> basis. My users
> use the squirrelmail "avelsieve" plugin to modify filtering rules.
>
> I have considered solving the problem using "plus addressing", e.g.
> "user+spam at domain" but so far
> I have not been successful.
>
> Any help?

You need an "anyone p" ACL on the spam folder so that mail can be
delivered to it.

I have a patch for 2.3.7 that makes use of the auto create folders
options to automatically add that ACL to to auto create folders that
you specify. Of course you have to create and add for existing users
but new users should be fine. If you want it let me know and I will
send it to you. I have been meaning to clean it up and publish it,
however I found a few bugs with another part of the code that I want to
send in at the same time.

--
Andre