notifyd memory leak

Tod Pike tgp at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 28 09:11:36 EST 2006

This is somewhat of a long shot, but maybe someone has seen this
problem. On all of our Cyrus backends, we've seen the memory size
of the notify daemon will monotonically increase until all swap
space is eventually taken up:

   PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
16338 cyrus      1  59    0 4082M 1309M sleep  21:12  0.00% notifyd

We can recover the memory, of course, by restarting cyrus master,
but this is still an annoyance. We are running a rather old version
of cyrus (2.1.5) so if this has been fixed in a later version that's
fine; I checked the release notes and couldn't find an explicit fix
for notifyd.

Thanks,

Tod Pike
--