NFSv4, anyone?

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Mon Nov 27 02:46:42 EST 2006

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 03:55:38PM +0100, Paul Dekkers wrote:
> I tried GFS yesterday, that worked fine too, but I just mounted the
> volume just on one box (no real cluster) so it was a lousy test
> anyway... (I could try it later, if I can find some time.)

I was, of course, extremely interested in this. So I tried with GFS on
my two node cluster, and, much to my disappointment, got some errors.
But the errors didn't look as if they had anything to do with file
locking of anything such, so I tried the same test on a local (ext3)
filesystem. And got the same errors. So apparently I'm just not giving
enough resources to Cyrus (the errors in question were of the format

 Error: APPEND failed: Sent only X of Y

with X and Y byte counts of somesuch, and

 Error: STORE failed: s NO Too many user flags in mailbox

and, though rarely (more often with GFS and imaptest running as the same
user on both boxes)

 - X. stalled for Y secs in EXPUNGE

- if somebody knows how to get rid of these, I'd be grateful).

But, anyway, otherwise it seems to work with at least a two-node
cluster. The flushseenstate flag made no difference.

--Janne Peltonen
Univ. of Helsinki