Cyrus IMAP and MySQL mailboxes (Building load-balancing cluster)

Igor Zhbanov izh1979 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:24:32 EST 2006

Hello!

The short question is: can Cyrus IMAP take mail from MySQL tables? And
where can I read about how to setup it?

The long story is now. I need to setup load-balancing mail system. I
culdn't find open-source mail systems that have genuine cluster
support, so I have decided to build cluster on my own.
The main problem is to build a shared storage that can survive server
crashes, where mail will be stored. I have found that MySQL-cluster is
reliable and fast. So, mail will be stored in MySQL tables. And I know
that Postfix can store mail in MySQL. So, I need POP3 server that can
take letters from MySQL tables.

Is it possible to make such system? Or do you know better solutions
for multiple node load-balancing cluster?

Thanks.