cyrus rehash script: from basic to full hashing scheme

wdspublic wdspublic at safebrowse.com
Mon Nov 13 20:41:21 EST 2006

I ran my modified rehash script last Thurs and, amazingly, it worked!

I didn't have any folder/file names beginning with "." before I ran it so no
problems there, however, others' systems may have such names.  I'll admit my
modifications were made with the simple goal of  "MAKE IT WORK"--no care
taken to keep it reversible like the original (from full back to basic
hashing).  There were some parts that didn't apply to our setup that I just
completely obliterated.  How rude of me.  But it works!

The sad part is I discovered that disk I/O performance wasn't the big holdup
on my system, but rather Directory Services' communication with one of our
Windows domain controllers.

Thanks for the reply, Gary!

"In a world without fences or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows."