performance on large inboxes

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 04:29:52 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Marten Lehmann wrote:

>> That was merged a long time back. doc/text/changes:
>
> is it enabled by default? Or do I have to specify which headers in
> particular shall be cached?

It is enabled by default, but only applies to messages delivered after
you started to run 2.2.1 or later (unless you reconstruct).

Only a subset of X-Whatever headers are cached, but just about everything
else is cached apart from the Received headers.

I should point out that the code in Cyrus is a significant improvement on
my original version, courtesy of Rob Siemborski. The version in Cyrus
makes it easy to add headers to the list which is cached.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.