performance on large inboxes

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Wed Nov 8 16:42:29 EST 2006

On 2006-11-08 at 21:58 +0100, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> I think it would be a really great performance boost if cyrus would
> cache all headers (I think that is what dovecot does and is very fast
> with it) so it doesn't have to touch the files. Where have you seen such
> patches?

Under <URL:http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/>, see
"Performance Enhancements"; the patch is only as part of the mega-patch
for all of David Carter's changes.  This is against cyrus-2.1.16.

The relevant stuff is HERMES_CACHE_MOST in mailbox.c; I've really no
idea whether or not these changes are roughly independent and if they
can be pulled out.

-Phil