Sieve redirect with over quota mailbox

Konrad Mauz kmauz at fh-konstanz.de
Wed Nov 8 08:20:34 EST 2006

Hello everybody,

when a user has the following sieve script actived,
mails to the user are stored in his local mailbox
and forwarded to the external address.

redirect "myaddress at external.com";
keep;

If the user is over quota, the mail is not delivered
to his local mailbox ( OK ), but neither forwarded to
the external addressi ( NOT OK ?!? ). Is this a bug or a feature?
I can work around this problem by adding the external addresses
to the aliases files. I want to know if this is the correct way
to solve the problem.

Regards,

Konrad Mauz

my imapd.conf ( cyrus 2.3.7 )