SQUAT failed

Casper casper at snigelpost.org
Fri Nov 3 03:23:38 EST 2006

Everytime you open a folder it looks for SQUAT index file.
If the SQUATTER isn't running with master (cyrus.conf) you will get "No
such file".

When SQUATTER is running from master it will return "SQUATTER RETURNED 10
MESSAGES" or something like that.

In cyrus.conf add

squatter        cmd="squatter -s" at=0600

And restart your master, or change the cyrus loglevel to disable the "No
such file".

Or maybee do a man squatter for more info.

man squatter

SQUATTER(8)
SQUATTER(8)

NAME
       squatter - create SQUAT indexes for mailboxes

SYNOPSIS
       squatter [ -C config-file ] [ -r ] [ -s ] [ -a ] [ -v ] mailbox...

DESCRIPTION
       Squatter creates a new SQUAT index for one or more IMAP mailboxes.
The
       SQUAT index is a unified index of all of the header and  body  text
 of
       each  message  a  given  mailbox.   This index is used to
significantly
       reduce IMAP SEARCH times on a mailbox.

       Squatter creates an index of ALL messages  in  the  mailbox,  not
just
       those  since the last time that it was run (i.e., it does NOT do
incre-
       mental updates).  Any messages appended to the mailbox  after
squatter
       is  run, will NOT be included in the index.  To include new
messages in
       the index, squatter must be run again.  For large and active
mailboxes,
       it  is  recommended  to  run  squatter  periodically  as  an  EVENT
 in
       cyrus.conf(5)

       NOTE: Messages and mailboxes that have not been indexed  CAN  still
 be
       SEARCHed, just not as quickly as those with a SQUAT index.

       Squatter  reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5)
file
       unless specified otherwise by -C.

OPTIONS
       -C config-file
              Read configuration options from config-file.

       -r     Recursively create indexes for all sub-mailboxes  of  the
mail-
              boxes or mailbox prefixes given as arguments.

       -s     Skip  mailboxes  whose  index  file  is older than their
current
              squat file (within a small time delta).

       -a     Only create indexes for mailboxes which have  the  shared
/ven-
              dor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/squat annotation set to "true".

              The  value  of  the  /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/squat
annotation is
              inherited by all children of the given  mailbox,  so  an
entire
              mailbox tree can be indexed (or not indexed) by setting a
single
              annotation on the root of that tree with a value of  "true"
(or
              "false").   If  a  mailbox  does  not  have a
/vendor/cmu/cyrus-
              imapd/squat annotation set on it (or does not inherit one),
then
              the  mailbox is not indexed.  In other words, the implicit
value
              of /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/squat is "false".

       -v     Increase the verbosity of progress/status messages.

FILES
       /etc/imapd.conf /etc/cyrus.conf

/C